- Acceptance of Terms – This section will prompt to the user that by using this website and/or any services provided therein, they are agreeing to adhere to all the terms and conditions set forth by the website owner by entering into a legally binding agreement.
- License to Use – This section entails the extent of license to use the services of the website granted to the user.
- Acceptable Use Policy – This section will list the prohibited uses of the website for the user/visitor. It may include: illegal purposes, harvesting data, harassing others using the website, using your website for users’ personal gain, etc.
- User Accounts – This clause is mandatory in case your website allows users to create accounts to use the services of the website. It states that the user shall be responsible for ensuring that all data provided is accurate and true to their knowledge, and that they are responsible for not sharing their account information, such as their log-in ID and password.
- Ownership to Intellectual Property– This section will clearly outline that the website owner is the owner of all intellectual property rights available on the website. It states that the user/visitors to the website may not use any intellectual property of the website, in any way, without explicit permission of the website owner.
- Compliance – This section mentions the legality of the website. It also enlists all the specific criteria that the user/visitors are required to conforms to, for availing the services of the website.
- Disclaimers – There are a variety of disclaimers you can use on your website and the website owner should make sure all of them are detailed in this section. This section should be carefully drafted to ensure there is limitation of liability of the website owner.
Disclaimer: The content of this article is intended to provide general guidance on the subject-matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.